Friday, July 6, 2007

Not the way I expected to spend my Summer!

June 3rd changed how I am spending my Summer this year. It was a Sunday evening and I put on my nice thick fuzzy socks and got comfortable for the evening. I got up from the couch and walked quickly into the kitchen where I proceeded to slip on the wood floor and break my ankle! Thankfully my husband had just got home and ran to me. At first we thought I sprained my ankle, but when we tried to move me to the couch, my foot moved without my leg and my husband said "Stay there!". He called 911 and then next thing I knew I was being ushered to the hospital. A couple xrays later and they pronouce that my ankle broke on both sides and I needed surgery. They splinted my foot (as seen in the picture) and sent me home. A few days later I had surgery. I now have 6 screws and a plate in my right ankle, enough to set off those pesky metal detectors. I am currently still on the mend having spent the last 4 weeks with a cast on my foot. And Summer continues to go on! I think God was telling me I needed to sit for awhile and be still. I think I will ponder on some of the lessons I have learned and that will be my next blog!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: